At, Central Administrative Tribunal Guwahati Bench Guwahati
By, THE HONOURABLE MRS. MANJULA DAS
By, JUDICIAL MEMBER & THE HONOURABLE MR. N. NEIHSIAL
By, ADMINISTRATIVE MEMBER
For the Applicant: R.C. Saikia, K. Saikia, P. Bora, A. Roy Medhi, Advocates. For the Respondents: None.
Manjula Das, Judicial Member.
1. By this O.A., applicant makes a prayer for setting aside the impugned letter dated 10.01.2018 except the last sentence i.e. request shall be considered as and when the post of Assistant Superintendent of Post fell vacant and to direct the respondents to transfer the applicant from Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh to Manipur Division, Imphal as an Assistant Superintendent of Post Office.
2. Mr. R.C. Saikia, learned counsel appearing on behalf of the applicant submitted applicant is presently working as an Assistant Superintendent of Post Office at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. According to Mr. Saikia, although the applicant has completed more than 4 years and 4 months but as per transfer policy, he should have been transferred to the place to which he has given option. Presently he is aged about 59 years and on the verge of retirement. He is also severely suffering from various ailments and his wife is also a Psychiatric patient. Accordingly, the applicant submitted several representations to the authority to transfer him to Manipur Division (Imphal) but the respondent No. 3 on behalf of respondent No. 2 by letter dated 10.01.2018 has rejected the prayer of the applicant holding that there is no post of Assistant Superintendent of Post Office.
3. Mr. Saikia further submitted that the applicant has come to know that one post of Assistant Superintendent of Post has been lying vacant due to promotion of one Sri Kshetrimayun Ibomcha Singh to the post of Superintendent of Post Office at Manipur Division, Imphal who is junior to him. Learned counsel accordingly prayed that let a direction be issued upon the respondents to consider the case of the applicant by transferring him from Itanagar to Manipur Division on humanitarian ground.
4. Mr. Saikia however, prayed that he wants to submit this O.A. to the respondents which shall be treated by the respondent authority as a representation and dispose of the same at the earliest by considering his grievances in view of the Transfer Policy of the Department of Posts dated 31.01.2014.
5. By accepting the prayer made by the learned counsel for the applicant and without going into the merit of the case, we direct the applicant to submit this O.A. before the respondent authority within 15 (fifteen days) and on receipt of the said O.A., the respondents shall treat the same as a representation and dispose of within a period of three months thereafter.
6. It is made clear that, whatever decision to be arrived by the Respondent Authorities, shall be reasoned and speaking and shall be communicated to the Applicant forthwith.
7. If there is any post of Assist
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
ant Superintendent at Imphal, Manipur lying vacant and if the case of the applicant is found to be genuine, his case shall be considered forthwith keeping in mind that the applicant is aged about 59 years old. 8. With the above directions, the O.A. stands disposed of. No order as to costs.