(1) This Act may be called the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act, 1987.
(2) It extends to the whole of India, and it applies also- (a) to citizens of India outside India; (b) to persons in the service of the Government, wherever they may be; and (c) to persons on ships and aircraft registered in India, wherever they may be.
(3) Sections 5, 15, 21 and 22 shall come into force at once and the remaining provisions of this Act shall be deemed to have come into force on the 24th day of May, 1987.
(4) It shall remain in force for a period of  [eight years] from the 24th day of May, 1987, but its expiry under the operation of this sub-section shall not affect-
(a) the previous operation of, or anything duly done or suffered under this Act or any rule made thereunder or any order made under any such rule, or
(b) any right, privilege, obligation or liability acquired, accrued or incurred under this Act or any rule made there under or any order made under any such rule, or
(c) any penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred in respect of any offence under this Act or any contravention of any rule made under this Act or of any order made under any such rule, or
(d) any investigation, legal proceeding or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, penalty, forfeiture or punishment as aforesaid, and any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced and any such penalty, forfeiture or punishment may be imposed as if this Act had not expired.
1. Substituted by Act 43 of 1993, section 2, for the words "six years".
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon