At, Supreme Court of India
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE H.L. DATTU & THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE CHANDRAMAULI KR. PRASAD
For the Appellants : ----- For the Respondents: -----
1. Leave granted.
2. These appeals are directed against the judgment and order passed by the High Court of Judicature at Madras in C.A.No.11 of 2011, dated 25.07.2012.
3. In view of the amicable settlement arrived at between the parties, we do not intend to refer either to the facts of the case or the orders passed by the High Court.
4. Now the parties have filed a joint application before us for recording of compromise and disposal of the appeals. In the application, they have stated as under :
'(a)Take the Agreement executed between the parties on September 28, 2012 on record;
(b) Dispose of SLP(C)No.23772 of 2012 and SLP(C)No.23774 of 2012 in accordance with such settlement arrived at by the Agreement dated September 28, 2012 and direct that by consent the impugned judgment dated 25.7.2012 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Madras in C.A.NO.11 of 2011 be set aside and that the parties do act in accordance with the terms of the Agreement dated 28.9.2012 (Annexure 'A'); and
(c ) pass such other and further order(s) considered appropriate and necessary in the facts and circumstances of the case.'
5. In view of the request made by the learned senior counsel for the parties, we take the agreement dated 28.09.2012 on record.
6. In view of the agreement that is executed between the parties outside the Court, we dispose of these appeals in accordance with the settlement that is arrived at between the parties under the aforesaid agreement.
7. Further, we set aside the judgment and order passed by the High Court in C.A.No.11 of 2011, dated 25.07.2011.
8. We direct the parties to act in accordance with the terms of the agreement dated 28.0
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
9.2012. 9. We place our deep appreciation to the efforts made by both the learned senior counsel in arriving at an amicable settlement between the parties. Ordered accordingly.