At, Supreme Court of India
By, THE HONOURABLE CHIEF JUSTICE MR. V.N. KHARE
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE Y.K. SABHARWAL & THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE ARIJIT PASAYAT
For the Appearing Parties: ---------
I.A. No. 827
1. Learned Solicitor General seeks adjournment in this matter. List this I.A. on 2nd May, 2003.
I.A. Nos. 780 and 818
2. It is reported that the work is in progress. List these I.As. after summer vacation.
I.A. No. 775 in I.A. Nos. 669 & 659
3. Let this matter be referred to the Central Empowered Committee for its response. List this I.A. after summer vacation.
I.A. Nos. 824, 841, 829, 830-832, 899, 907 & 918
4. Learned Amicus Curiae 'states that the modalities are being worked out for implementation of the orders of this Court and, therefore, these I.As. may be adjourned. List these I.As. after summer vacation.
I.A. No. 756
5. Learned counsel appearing on behalf of the Delhi Development Authority states that the interim report submitted by the Bhure Lal Committee is being examined and the matter may come up after three months. By that time, the Bhure Lal Committee shall submit its final report. The Delhi Development Authority is permitted to file such other material which may be available with it before the said Committee. This matter is adjourned for three months.
I.A. Nos. 884 and 705
6. Learned counsel appearing on behalf of the State of Karnataka prays for and is allowed two weeks' time to obtain instructions in the matter as well as to file response to the recommendations made by the Central Empowered Committee. List these I.As. on 2nd May, 2003.
I.A. No. 885 (recommendations of CEC in I.A. Nos. 434, 435, 475, 476, 490, 765 to 770).
7. I.A. Nos. 434, 435, 475, 476, 490 and 765 to 770 were filed for grant/renewal of licence to run some forest based industries. These I.As. were directed to be considered by the High Power Committee set up under the orders of this Court. This Court specifically directed that only those applications which may be filed by 15th January, 1998 would be considered. The Committee found that some of the applicants did not file the applications by 15th January, 1998 and some other violated the orders of this Court dated 12th December, 1996 as well as 7th May, 1997. In that view of the matter, the Central Empowered Committee (C.E.C.) has recommended for rejection of those applications.
8. We have perused the recommendations of the C.E.C. We are of the view that the recommendations of the C.E.C. are just and correct. We, accordingly, reject I.A. Nos. 434, 435, 475, 476, 490 and 765 to 770. I.A. No. 885 st
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
ands disposed of. C.A. Nos. 6336/1998, 6337/1998 and 6338/1998 9. Delink. Rest of the matters 10. List 25 matters each day commencing from 2nd May, 2003. Statement of such matters shall be made available by the learned Amicus Curiae.