OFFICES OF THE COURT : SITTINGS AND VACATION, ETC.
1. Except during vacation and on Saturdays and holidays, the offices of the Court,shall, subject to any order by the Chief Justice, be open daily from 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. but no work unless of an urgent nature, shall be admitted after 4.30 P.M.
2.  The offices of the Court shall, except during vacation, be open on Saturdays from 10 A.M to 1 A.M. but no work, unless of an urgent nature, shall be admitted after 12 P.M.
3.  Except on the days which are holidays both for the Court and the offices of the Court, the offices of the Court shall be open during summer vacation and Christmas and New Year holidays of the Court at such times as the Chief Justice may direct.
4.(1) The Court shall sit in two terms annually, the first commencing from the termination of the summer vacation and ending with the day immediately preceding such day in December as the Court may fix for the commencement of the Christmas and New Year holidays and the second commencing from the termination of the Christmas and New Year holidays and ending with the commencement of the summer vacation.
(2) The period of the summer vacation shall not exceed ten weeks.
 (3) The length of the summer vacation of the Court and the number of holidays for the Court and the offices of the Court shall be such as may be fixed by the Chief Justice and notified in the Official Gazette so as not to exceed one hundred and three days (excluding Sundays) not falling in the vacation and during holidays.
5. The Court shall not ordinarily, sit on Saturdays, nor on any other days notified as Court holidays in the Official Gazette.
6. The Chief Justice may appoint one or more Judges to hear during summer vacation or winter holidays all matters of an urgent nature which under these rules may be heard by a Judge sitting singly, and, wherever necessary, he may likewise appoint a Division Court for the hearing of urgent cases during the vacation which require to be heard by a Bench of Judges.
1. Substituted by General Statutory Rules (G.S.R.) 96(E), dated 16th February, 1987.
2. Substituted by General Statutory Rules (G.S.R.) 1857, dated 20th October, 1970 (w.e.f. 31-10-1970).
3. Substituted by General Statutory Rules (G.S.R.) 1857, dated 20th October. 1970 (w.e.f. 31-10.1970).
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon