RULE 11: TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE, DAILY ALLOWANCE, MAINTENANCE EXPENSES AND TRANSPORT FACILITIES TO THE VICTIM ATROCITY, HIS OR HER DEPENDENT AND WITNESSES
(1) Every victim of atrocity or his/her dependent and witnesses shall be paid to and for rail fare by second class in ex- press/mail/passenger train or actual bus of taxi fare from his/her place of residence or actual bus or taxi fare from his/her place of residence or place of stay to the place of investigation or hearing of trial of an offence under the Act.
(2) The District Magistrate or the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or any other Executive Magistrate shall make necessary arrangements for providing transport facilities or reimbursement of full payment thereof to the victims of atrocity and witnesses for visiting the investigating officer, superintendent of Police/Deputy Superintendent of Police, District Magistrate or any other Executive Magistrate.
(3) Every woman witness, the victim of atrocity or her dependent being a woman or a minor, a person more than sixty years of age and a person having 40 per cent. or more disability shall be entitled to be accompanied by an attendant of her/his choice. The attendant shall also be paid travelling and maintenance expenses as applicable to the witness or the victim of atrocity when called upon during hearing. investigation and trial of an offence under the Act.
(4) The witness, the victim of atrocity or his/her dependent and the attendant shall be paid daily maintenance expenses for the days he/she is away from the place of his/her residence or stay during investigation, hearing and trial of an offence, at such rates but not less than the minimum wages, as may be fixed by the State Government for the agricultural labourers.
(5) In additional to daily maintenance expenses the witness' the victim of atrocity (or his/her dependent) and the attendant shall also be paid diet expenses at such rates as may be fixed by the State Government from time to me.
(6) The payment of travelling allowance, daily allowance, maintenance expenses and reimbursement of transport facilities shall be made immediately or not later than three days by the District Magistrate or the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or any other Executive Magistrate to the victims, their dependents/attendant and witnesses for the days they visit the investigating officer or in-charge police station or hospital authorities or Superintendent of Police, Deputy Superintendent of Police or District Magistrate or any other officer concerned or the Special Court.
(7) When an offence has been committed under Sec. 3-of the Act, the District Magistrate or the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or any other Executive Magistrate .shall reimburse the payment of medicines, special medical consultation, blood transfusion, replacement of essential clothing, meals and fruits provided to the victim (s) of atrocity.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon