At, High Court of Judicature at Madras
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE K. RAVICHANDRABAABU
For the Petitioner: V.P. Sengottuvel, Advocate. For the Respondents: G. Djearany, Government Advocate (P).
(Prayer: Writ Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India praying Writ of Mandamus, directing the respondents herein to consider the representation made by the petitioner herein on 03.01.2020 and the Legal Notice dated 23.03.2020 to notify the fishermen community of Karaikal region as one of the community under Most Backward Class (MBC) as done to the Mahe and Yanam regions in G.O.Ms.No.9/2010/Wel./SW-V dated 28.08.2010.)
1. This matter is taken up for hearing through Video-Conferencing mode.
2. Mrs.D.Djearany, learned Government Advocate takes notice for the respondents. By consent of both parties, the main writ petition is taken up for final disposal in view of the limited prayer sought for in this writ petition.
3. The petitioner seeks for a mandamus directing the respondents to consider his representation dated 03.01.2020 and the legal notice dated 23.03.2020 to notify the fishermen community of Karaikal region as one of the community under Most Backward Class (MBC).
4. The learned Government Advocate (P) appearing for the respondents, based on instructions, submitted that the Committee, which has to consider such request viz., the State Level Commission for Backward Classes, is not in existence now, as the period of earlier Committee got expired on 31.05.2018. Therefore, she submitted that only when such Committee is formed, the representation of the petitioner will be considered.
5. Since the present writ petition is filed to consider the representation of the petitioner dated 03.01.2020, this Court is of the view that the same can be considered and appropriate reply can be given by stating the present state of affairs, as has been placed before this Court today. Therefore, this writ petition is disposed of, with a direction to the fi
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
rst respondent to consider the representation of the petitioner dated 03.01.2020 and pass appropriate orders/reply within a period of two weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order. No costs.