At, High Court of Delhi
By, THE HONOURABLE MS. JUSTICE HIMA KOHLI & THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE SUBRAMONIUM PRASAD
For the Petitioners: Petitioner Nos. 1 & 2 in person. For the Respondents: Ripudaman Bhardwaj, CGSC, Mohd Muqueem, Advocate.
HEARD THROUGH VIDEO CONFERENCING.
CM.No.11709/2020 (for impleademnt)
1. This application has been moved by the petitioners praying inter alia for impleading the University of Delhi and University Grants Commission as co-respondents.
2. Issue notice.
3. Mr. Ripudaman Bhardwaj, learned CGSC appearing for the Union of India accepts notice and states he has no objection to the application being allowed.
4. Having regard to the averments made by the petitioners in CM.No.11708/2020, moved alongside, the present application is allowed. The University Grants Commission and the University of Delhi are permitted to be impleaded as respondents No.3 and 4 respectively. Amended memo of parties is taken on record.
5. The application is disposed of.
W.P.(C) 3199/2020 and CM.No.11121/2020(stay) & CM.No.11708/2020 (by the petitioners for seeking stay of the examinations proposed to be conducted by the University of Delhi which commence from 01.07.2020 by adopting the open-book examination mode).
1. In view of the fact that the University of Delhi and University Grants Commission have been permitted to be impleded only today, orders on this writ petition and the applications are deferred.
2. Issue notice in the petition and the applications to the University Grants Commission and University of Delhi, through their nominated counsels. The petitioners shall e-mail the notice with the entire paperbook to the counsel for the newly impleaded respondents No.3 & 4, who are directed to file their replies within two weeks. Rejoinder thereto, if any, be filed before the next date of hearing.
3. We may note that the reply affidavits filed by the respondent No.1/Ministry of Human Resource Development and the respondent No.2/Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment do not deal with the issue raised in the present petition, in any manner. The said respondents are directed to file fresh affidavits focusing only on the issue raised in the present petition and not on the previous decisions taken by the Ministry in general for dealing with the educational requirements of University students who are differen
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
tly abled. 4. Fresh affidavits shall be filed by the respondents No.1 and 2 within two weeks with copies to the counsel for the petitioners, who may file rejoinders thereto, within one week thereafter. 5. List on 24.06.2020.