At, Madya Pradesh State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission Bhopal
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE SHANTANU S. KEMKAR
By, PRESIDENT & THE HONOURABLE MR. PRABHAT PARASHAR
For the Petitioner: Rajeev Jain, Learned Counsel. For the Respondent: Devendra Sahu, Learned Counsel.
Shantanu S. Kemkar, President
1. Parties through counsel. Heard.
2. This revision petition is directed against the order dated 12.12.2018 passed by the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bhopal, (for short ‘Forum’) in complaint case no.788/15, whereby the Forum has rejected the application for amendment filed by the petitioner / complainant on the ground that the same has been filed at a belated stage.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner / complainant submits that the application was filed on the basis of subsequent events. In the circumstances, in order to bring subsequent events on record it became necessary to file amendment application.
4. On the other hand, learned counsel for the respondent / opposite party has supported the impugned order.
5. On going through the facts stated in the application it appears that on 22.03.2017 when the appellant / complainant went to the site he found that few houses were demolished and process of demolition of some houses was going on. In the circumstances, the application was filed.
6. Thus having gone through the application, it seems that the application for amendment was filed to bring the subsequent events on record which appears to be necessary for the just decision of the case.
7. As a result, we allow the application. The appellant / complainant is directed to carry out the amendment in the complaint within two weeks from the date of appearance before the Fo
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
rum. The respondent may carry out consequential amendment in the reply within two weeks thereafter. The parties are directed to appear before the Forum on 26.02.2020.