(1) The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, transfer in each financial year to a fund to be called the Personal Injuries (Compensation Insurance) Fund (hereinafter referred to as the "Fund") such sums, as may be considered necessary, not exceeding the sums received by the Central Government by way of insurance premiums under the Scheme, or by way of payments made on composition of offences under section 18 or by way of expenses or compensation awarded by a court under section 545 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (5 of 1898) out of any fine imposed in any prosecution under this Act or by way of penalties imposed under the Scheme.
(2) There shall be paid from out of the Fund all sums required for the discharge by the Central Government of any of its liabilities under this Act or the Scheme or for the payment by the Central Government of the remuneration and expenses of agents employed for the purposes of the Scheme or for the payment by the Central Government of the cost of administering the Scheme:
Provided that no payment from the Fund shall be made in discharge of any liability of the Government to pay compensation to workmen employed by it.
(3) If at any time when a payment is to be made out of the Fund, the sum standing to the credit of the Fund is less than the sum required for the making of that payment, an amount equal to the deficiency shall, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law, be paid into the Fund as an advance out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
(4) If at any time the amount standing to the credit of the Fund exceeds the sum which, in the opinion of the Central Government, is likely to be required for the making of payments out of the Fund, the excess shall be disposed of in such manner as the Central Government may think fit.
(5) The Central Government shall prepare in such form and manner as may be prescribed and shall publish either annually or at such shorter intervals as may be specified therein, an account of all sums received into and paid out of the Fund.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon