At, Central Administrative Tribunal Guwahati Bench Guwahati
By, THE HONOURABLE MRS. MANJULA DAS
By, JUDICIAL MEMBER
For the Applicant: H.K. Das, J. Talukdar, U. Pathak, D.J. Das, Advocates. For the Respondents: R. Hazarika, Addl. C.G.S.C.
1. By this OA applicant makes a prayer for a direction to the respondents to appoint the applicant on compassionate ground in any Group C post in the department forthwith with all consequential benefits.
2. Mr.H.K.Das, learned counsel for the applicant submitted that father of the applicant Late Mukut Chandra Das while working as FGM HS-1/GE Rangia, died in harness on 30.05.2017 According to the applicant, the deceased father was the sole earning members of the family consisting of applicant, his widow mother and his two younger brothers. Immediately thereafter the eldest son, i.e., the applicant, filed application in prescribed format before the respondents on 14.05.2018 with a request to give compassionate appointment. Learned counsel for the applicant submitted that other legal heirs have already submitted their NOC before the respondents and requested to give compassionate appointment to the applicant. According to the learned counsel, there are vacancies and the applicant fulfills all the requirements of the Scheme for compassionate appointment, despite the respondents have not considered his case for compassionate appointment.
3. According to the learned counsel for the applicant, since the death of the deceased employee there is no other bread earner of the family, the authority ought to have considered the case of the applicant as per the scheme of compassionate appointment. Therefore, learned counsel prayed that respondents may be directed to consider the case of the applicant for compassionate appointment.
4. Mr.R.Hazarika, learned Addl. C.G.S.C. appearing for the respondents submitted that she has no objection in sending the matter to the respondents for consideration of the case of the applicant.
5. By accepting the prayer made by the learned counsel for the applicant and without going into the merits of the case, I direct the respondents to place the case of the applicant before the next Committee meeting for considering the cases of compassionate appointment and consider his case for compassionate appointment as per rules, within a period of four months from the date of receipt of this order. Needless t
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
o mention here that the decision to be arrived by the respondents shall be communicated to the applicant forthwith. 6. In view of the above, the OA is disposed of at the admission stage itself. There shall be no order as to costs.