(1) The Government may at any time, direct that any person detained in pursuance of a detention order may be released for any specified period either without conditions or upon such conditions specified in the direction as that person accepts and may, at any time, cancel his release.
(2) In directing the release of any person under Sub-section (1), the Government may require him to enter into a bond, with or without sureties, for the due observance of the conditions specified in the direction.
(3) Any person released under Sub-section (1) shall surrender himself at the time and place, and to the authority, specified in the order directing his release or cancelling his release, as the case may be.
(4) If any person fails without sufficient cause to surrender himself in the manner specified in Sub-section (3), he shall be punishable with imprisonment fora term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.
(5) If any person released under Sub-section (1) fails to fulfil any of the conditions imposed upon him under the said. Sub-section or in the bond entered into by him, the bond shall be declared to be forfeited and any person bound thereby shall be liable to pay the, penalty thereof.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon