(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules  for regulating the grant of mining leases or for prohibiting the grant of such leases in respect of any  [mineral oil] or in any area.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the manner in which, the  [mineral oils] or areas in respect of which and the persons by whom, applications for mining leases may be made and the fees to be paid on any such application:
(b) the authority by which, the terms on which, and the conditions subject to which, mining leases may be granted;
(c) the maximum or minimum area and the period for which any mining lease may be granted, and the terms on which leases in respect of contiguous areas may be amalgamated;
(d) the fixing of the maximum and minimum rent payable by a lessee, whether the mine is worked or not.
1. For Mineral Concession Rules, 1949.
2. Substituted for the words 'mineral' by the Mines and Minerals (Regulation and Development) At, 1957 (67 of 1957), Section 32 and Schedule III (with effect from 1-6-1958).
3. Substituted for the word 'mineral', by the Mines and Minerals (Regulation and Development) At, 1957 (67 of 1957), Section 32 and Schedule III (with effect from 1-6-1958).
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon