(1) This Act may be called The  [Oilfields] (Regulation and Development) Act, 1948.
 [(2) It extends to the whole of India  [***].]
(3) it shall come into force on such date  as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf.
1. Substituted for the words 'Mines and Minerals' by the Mines and Minerals (Regulation and Development) Act, 1957 (67 of 1957), Section 32 and Schedule III (with effect from 1-6-1958).
2. Substituted for the former sub-section, by A.I.O., 1950 (26-1-1950).
3. The words 'except the State of Jammu and Kashmir were omitted by Act 63 of 1957, Section 32 and Schedule II (with effect from 1-6-1958).
4. The Act came into force on 25-10-1949.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon