At, High Court of Judicature at Madras
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE M.M. SUNDRESH
For the Petitioner: R.S. Pandiyaraj, Advocate. For the Respondents: S.K. Rameshwar, Advocate.
(Prayer: Writ Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India, to issue a writ of mandamus to direct the 2nd respondent to permit the petitioner to pay the Additional Security Deposit of Rs.18,69,190/- alone in 6 equal monthly installments along with the regular current consumption charges.)
1. Mr.S.K.Rameshwar, learned Standing Counsel, takes notice for the respondents. By consent, this writ petition is taken up for final disposal at the admission stage itself.
2. The petitioner is a company registered under the companies Act having HT service connection hearing No.171 from the second respondent for the purpose of manufacturing of cast iron products. The second respondent, by letter dated 25.04.2017, demanded additional security deposit of Rs.18,69,190/- over and above the existing deposit of Rs.1,01,96,330/- in one lump sum. Seeking direction to pay the said additional security deposit in equal installments, the petitioner has approached this Court by way of this Writ petition.
3. Heard Mr.R.S.Pandiyaraj, learned counsel appearing for the petitioner and Mr.S.K.Rameshwar, learned standing counsel appearing on behalf of the respondents.
4. In an identical situation, this Court, in WP.No.11500 of 2017 dated 05.05.2017, following the Division Bench Judgment of this Court in Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Vs. Mani Spinning Mills (P) Limited, reported in CDJ 2012 MHC 4380 (W.A.(MD) Nos.407 to 412 of 2012 dated 02.08.2012) permitted the petitioner therein to pay the additional security deposit in six equal monthly installments along with regular current consumption charges. Since the issue involved in this writ petition is an identical one and the payment is also with respect to additional security deposit, following the above said order, this Court is inclined to grant the relief to the petitioner to pay the additional security deposit in six equal monthly installments.
5. In the result, this writ petition is disposed of with a direction to the petitioner to pay the additional security deposit of Rs.18,69,190/- i
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
n six equal monthly installments along with regular current consumption charges, commencing from 1st week of June 2017, failing which it is open to the respondents to initiate appropriate action, in accordance with law. No costs.