At, SEBI Securities Exchange Board of India Securities Appellate Tribunal
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE J.P. DEVADHAR
By, PRESIDING OFFICER
By, THE HONOURABLE MR. JOG SINGH
By, MEMBER & THE HONOURABLE MR. A.S. LAMBA
For the Appellants: None. For the Respondent:Kumar Desai, Advocate with Ms. Najma Shaikh, Ms. Jyotsna Kondhalkar,
Mr. Manish Acharya and Ms. Khushoo Tatia, Advocates.
J.P. Devadhar (Oral)
1. This appeal is restored to the file of this Tribunal pursuant to an order passed by the Apex Court on April 30, 2013 in Civil Appeal No. 57 of 2004.
2. On restoration, registry issued notice on July 9, 2013 fixing hearing of the appeal on July 25, 2013.
3. On July 25, 2013 when the appeal was taken up for hearing, the registry informed us that the notice sent on July 9, 2013 has been returned with the postal remark 'Addressee moved'.
4. Thereupon, the registry was directed to issue fresh notice to the appellants after receiving correct address of the appellants from the respondent.
5. As the respondent could not produce the correct address of the appellants, the registry issued fresh notice on August 12, 2013 at the last known address of the appellants mentioned in the memo of appeal. However, the said notices have been returned with the postal remark 'Addressee moved'.
6. Today when the appeal is taken up for hearing none appears on behalf of the appellants. In these circumstances, we have no option but to dismiss
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
the appeal for non-appearance of the appellants. 7. Appeal is, accordingly, dismissed with no order as to costs.