Section 17   [ View Judgements ]

Contracts in bad faith may be cancelled or varied

(1) If the Central Government is satisfied after such inquiry as it may think fit that any contract or agreement entered into at any time within three years immediately preceding the commencement of this Act between the Metal Corporation or the managing agents of Metal Corporation and any other person, in so far as such contract or agreement related to the undertaking of the Metal Corporation, has been entered into in bad faith or is detrimental to the interests of the undertaking of the Metal Corporation, it may make an order cancelling (either unconditionally or subject to such conditions as it may think fit to impose) or varying the contract or agreement, and thereafter the contract or agreement shall have effect accordingly:

Provided that no such contract or agreement shall be cancelled or varied except after giving to the parties to the contract or agreement a reasonable opportunity of being heard.

(2) Any person aggrieved by an order made under sub-section (1) may make an application to the High Court at Delhi for the variation or reversal of such order and thereupon such court may confirm, modify or reverse such order.

#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon