(1) If any person knowingly furnishes any false information under this Act or obstructs in cultivation of land given to an affected person under this Act, he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three months or with a fine which may extend to five thousand rupees, or with both :
Provided that, in the absence of special and adequate reason to hold the contrary to be mentioned in the judgment of the court, such fine shall not be less than one thousand rupees.
(2) Whoever abets any offence punishable under this Act or attempts to commit any such offence shall be deemed to have committed that offence and shall, on conviction, be punished with the punishment provided for such offence under subsection (1).
(3) Nothing in sub-sections (1) and (2) above shall prevent the Collector from holding a summary inquiry and from removing the obstruction forthwith.
(4) If any person refuses or fails to comply with the order of the Collector in accordance with sub-section (3) above, he shall be liable to fine up to rupees one thousand per day till he removes obstruction.
(5) If any beneficiary contravenes the provisions of clauses (a) and (b) of subsection (3) of section 10, the Collector, after conducting a summary enquiry, may order the stoppage of water supply and power supply or stoppage of grant-in-aid, or recall the Government's share contribution to the beneficiary :
Provided that, an appeal may be filed within a period of fifteen days against the order of the Collector passed under sub-sections (3), (4) or (5), as the case may be, to the Commissioner and the Commissioner shall dispose of the appeal within a period of one month from the date of filing of such appeal.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon