(1) The Commissioner or the Collector authorised by him by general or special order in this behalf may purchase or exchange any land required for carrying out the purposes of the Act :
Provided that, the amount paid for the purchase of the land under this sub-section shall be approximately equal to the amount of compensation payable for the land had it been acquired in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2).
(2) Subject to the provisions of this section, the Commissioner may for carrying out the purposes of this Act, also compulsorily acquire land under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 and the acquisition of any land for any of the said purposes shall be deemed to be a public purpose within the meaning of that Act.
(3) The Commissioner may acquire lands included in a gaothan in the affected zone as far as practicable according to the provisions of Part I of the Schedule.
(4) For the purpose of rehabilitating affected persons from the affected zone under an irrigation project, including those under any irrigation project, who have remained to be rehabilitated, on land, the Commissioner may acquire land from holding in the benefited zone of the project according to the slab declared in the notification under sub-section (1) of section 13 and may also acquire, where necessary, land from any other villages or areas, as it may deem fit.
(5) All lands acquired under this section shall form part of the land pool.
(6) An affected person who is entitled but does not want alternative land in the benefited zone shall be paid fifty per cent. amount of the value of the land offered to him, such value having been worked out on the basis of the true market value estimated in the prescribed manner on the basis of the land rates determined and issued, at the relevant time, in the form of Annual Statement of Rates, by the Chief Controlling Authority under the Bombay Stamp (Determination of True Market Value of Property) Rules, 1995, framed under the Bombay Stamp Act, 1958.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon