(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish a Board to be known by such name as may be specified in the notification of any scheduled employment in any area. One or more Boards may be appointed for one or more scheduled employments, and for one or more areas :
Provided that, the Boards established for the scheduled employments specified in column 4 of the Table appended to sub-section (4A) of section 1 in the area of Greater Bombay shall be the Boards deemed to have been established also for such scheduled employments in the areas and on the dates specified in columns 2 and 3 of the said Table, respectively.
(2) Every such Board shall be a body corporate with the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, and to contract, and may by that name, sue or be sued.
(3) The Board shall consist of members nominated from time to time by the State Government representing the employers, the unprotected workers, and the State Government.
(4) The members representing employers and unprotected workers shall be equal in number, and the members representing the State Government shall not exceed one-third of the total number of members representing employers and unprotected workers.
(5) The Chairman of the Board shall be one of the members appointed to represent the State Government, nominated in this behalf by the State Government.
(6) After nomination of all the members of the Board including the Chairman the State Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, publish the names of all the members of the Board.
(7) The term of office of members of the Board shall be such as may be prescribed. (7A) There shall be paid to every member (not being a member representing the State Government) from the fund of the Board, traveling and daily allowances.
For attending meetings of the Board at such rates as may be prescribed.
(8) The meetings of the Board and procedure to be followed for the purpose and all matters supplementary or ancillary thereto shall, subject tot he approval of the State Government, be regulated by the Board itself.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon