(1) The President of the District Forum shall receive the salary of the Judge of the District Court if appointed on whole-time basis or an honorarium of Rs. 150 per day if appointed on part-time basis. Other members if sitting on whole-time basis, shall receive a consolidated honorarium of Rs. 2,000 per month and if sitting on part-time basis, a consolidated honorarium of Rs. 100 per day for the sitting.
(2) The President and the Members of the District Forum shall be entitled to such travelling allowance and daily allowance on official tour as are admissible to Grade I Officer of the State Government.
(3) The salary, honorarium and other allowances shall be defrayed out of the Consolidated Fund of the State Government.
(4) Before appointment, the President and Members of the District Forum shall have to take an undertaking that he does not and will not have any such financial or other interests as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a member.
(5) In addition to the provisions of section 10(2) of the Act, the State Government may remove from the office, the President and any Member of a District Forum who,-
(a) has been adjudged as insolvent; or
(b) has been convicted of an offence which in the opinion of the State Government involves moral turpitude; or
(c) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as such member; or
(d) has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a member; or
(e) has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest:
Provided that the President or Member shall not be removed from his office on the ground specified in clauses (d) and (e) of sub-rule (5) except on an inquiry held by Government in accordance with such procedure as it may specify in this behalf and finds the member to be guilty of such ground.
 (f) is absent himself from three consecutive sittings of the Forum, except for a reasonable cause.
(6) The terms and conditions of the service of the President and the Members of the District Forum shall not be varied to their disadvantage during their tenure of office.
(7) Where any vacancy occurs in the office of the President of the District Forum, the senior-most (in order of appointment) Member of the District Forum, holding office for the time being, shall discharge the functions of the President until a person appointed to fill such vacancy assumes the office of the President of the District Forum.
(8) When the President of the District Forum is unable to discharge the functions owing to absence, illness or any other cause, the seniormost (in order of appointment) Member of the District Forum shall discharge the functions of the President until the day on which the President resumes the charge of his functions.
(9) The President or any Member ceasing to hold office as such shall not hold any appointment in or be connected with the management or administration of an organisation which has been the subject of any proceeding under the Act during his tenure for a period of 5 years from the date on which he ceases to hold such office.
1. Inserted by Madhya Pradesh Consumer Protection (Amendment) Rules, 1999, with effect from . 27-10-1999.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon