(1) The Council may, with the previous approval of the State Government, by regulations, prescribe standards of professional conduct and etiquette and a code of ethics for occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
(2) Regulations made under sub-section (1) may specify which violations thereof shall constitute professional misconduct and such provision shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force.
(3) Whenever the Executive Committee, after such inquiry as it thinks fit, recommends that the name of any person enrolled in the register of occupational therapists or register of physiotherapists be removed therefrom due to professional misconduct, it shall accordingly report to the Council and the Council shall after such inquiry as it may deem fit, by order, direct the removal of the name of such person from the said register either permanently or for such period as may be specified in the order.
(4) Any person aggrieved by an order of the Council may prefer an appeal against that order to the State Government in such form and manner, within such time, on such conditions and on payment of such fees as may be prescribed.
(5) On receipt of such appeal, the State Government may, after giving the person concerned an opportunity of being heard and after consulting the Council, pass an appropriate order which shall be final and binding.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon