(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute an Advisory Committee for the purposes of giving directives for proper utilization and allocation of the Fund. The Advisory Committee shall also perform such other functions as may be prescribed.
(2) The Fund shall be held and administered on behalf of the Government by the Competent Authority and its utilization shall be subject to the approval of the Advisory Committee:
Provided that, the Fund shall not be diverted for any other purposes other than those for which it is created and assigned.
(3) The Advisory Committee shall consist of the following members:-
(4) Secretary to Government Trade, Commerce and Mining Department, shall also act as a Member-Secretary of the Advisory Committee.
(5) No act or proceeding of the Advisory Committee shall be invalid by reason only of vacancy therein, or any defect in the nomination of any member, if such act or proceeding is otherwise in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(6) Appointments made, from time to time, as members under clause (g) and (h) of sub-section (3) shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(7) The Ex-Officio Members of the Committee, under clause (f) and the nominated members under clause (g) and (h) of subsection
(3) shall receive such fee and allowances as may be prescribed.
(8) A person appointed as an expert member under clause (h) of subsection (3) shall hold office for a period of three years from the date of his appointment unless his term of office is determined earlier by the State Government may, by notification in the Official
Provided that, the Members of Parliament and Members of Maharashtra State Legislature shall cease to be the Members of the Advisory Committee if they cease to be the Members of the Parliament or of the Maharashtra State Legislature, as the case may be.
(a) Chief Minister Ex-Officio Chairman;
(b) Minister for Trade, Commerce and Mining Ex-Officio Member;
(c) Guardian Ministers for Bhandara, Chandrapur, Nagpur and Yeotmal districts. Ex-Officio Members;
(d) Minister for State Trade, Commerce and Mining Ex-Officio Members;
(e) Secretary to Government Trade, Commerce and Mining Department Ex-Officio Member;
(f) Members of Parliament from Bhandara, Chandrapur, Nagpur and Yeotmal districts.
(g) Four Members of the Maharashtra State Legislature to be nominated by the Government on the recommendation of the Chairman. Members;
(h) One expert in the field of mining to be appointed by the Government. Members;
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon