(1) The Government shall, as soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, by notification in the Gazette, constitute a Commission by the name, "the Kerala State Farmers' Debt Relief Commission", for the purpose of exercising the powers and performing the functions under this Act.
(2) The Commission shall consist of five members, namely:-
(i) a retired High Court Judge : Chairman
(ii) an agricultural expert : Member
(iii) two representatives of farmers : Members
(iv) a person working in connection with economic/co-operative sector : Member
(3) The Chairman and Members shall be nominated by the Government.
(4) The Government may, appoint a Secretary and other staff as may be necessary, to assist the Commission in such manner as may be prescribed.
(5) In the discharge of their duties, the Secretary and other staff referred in sub-section (5) shall be subject to the administrative control of the Chairman.