At, Supreme Court of India
By, THE HONORABLE JUSTICE: U.U. LALIT AND THE HONORABLE JUSTICE: INDU MALHOTRA
For Petitioner: Satyajit A. Desai, Ajay Majethiya and Anagha S. Desai, Advocates And For Respondents: Arun R. Pedneder, Mukti Chowdhary and Samir Ali Khan, Advocates.
1. Heard learned Counsel for the Petitioners.
2. In SC Suit No. 2713 of 2011, Notice of Motion No. 2995 of 2011 was taken out by the Plaintiff seeking interim injunction against the Defendant-Petitioner. The Bombay City Civil Court by its order dated 27.9.2013 granted the relief that was prayed for.
3. The order of interim injunction was confirmed by the High Court while dismissing Appeal from Order No. 1240 of 2013 on 12.07.2016. In effect, the interim injunction has continued against the Petitioner for last more than five years.
4. In the circumstances, we see no reason to interfere in the matter. The special leave petitions are dismissed. We, however, direct the City Civil Court at Bombay to dispose of the pending suit as expeditiously as possible.
5. Pending applications, if any, shall also stand disposed of.
6. In view of the above, no separate orders are called for in the intervention application. Learned Counsel for the intervenor prays for and is granted liberty to agitate the issues raised in the application in any prop
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
erly instituted proceedings. 7. We shall not have expressed any opinion on the merits of the matter.