At, Central Administrative Tribunal Guwahati Bench Guwahati
By, THE HONOURABLE MRS. MANJULA DAS
By, JUDICIAL MEMBER & THE HONOURABLE MR. N. NEIHSIAL
By, ADMINISTRATIVE MEMBER
For the Applicants: M. Chanda, S. Choudhury, U. Dutta, Advocates. For the Respondents: S.K. Ghose, Addl. C.G.S.C., A. Ahmed, Advocate.
Manjula Das, Judicial Member.
1. At the outset, prayer for grant of permission under Section 4(5) (a) of the CAT (Procedure) Rules, 1987 to move this application jointly is allowed as they are seeking similar relief from the same respondents.
2. This O.A. has been filed by the applicants against the draft seniority list dated 23.02.2016 prepared as per the decision of the Hon’ble Apex Court in the case of N.R. Parmar Vs Union of India & Ors.
3. while the matter was taken up for hearing Sri S.K. Ghosh, learned Addl. CGSC appearing on behalf of the respondents placed a decision of the Hon’ble Apex Court in Civil Appeal No. 8833-8835 of 2019 in the case of k. Meghachandra Singh & Ors. Vs. Ningam Siro & Ors. Dated 19.11.2019 and submitted that after the decision of this present case vide order dated 08.11.2017, the decision of N.R. Parmar Vs. Union of India & Ors. Case has not in force. As Such, the case of the applicants is become infructuous.
4. On the Other hand, Sri M. Chanda, learned counsel for the applicants as well as Sri A. Ahmed, learned counsel for the private respondents No.9 and 10 submitted that in pursuance of the latest decision of the Hon’ble Apex Court in the case of K. Meghachandra Singh & Ors. (Supra), the draft seniority list which is prepared on the basis of N.R .Parmar case is wrong. They further submitted that this matter may be remanded back to the department for preparation of afresh seniority list in light of the latest decision of Hon’ble Apex Court in case of K. Meghachandra singh & Ors.(Supra).
5. Keeping in view of the above, by accepting the prayer mad by both the counsel, we remand back the matter to the department to prepare afresh seniority list in the gr
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
ade of inspector in the light of latest decision of the Hon’ble Apex Court in case of K. Meghachandra singh & Ors. (Supra) at earliest. 6. O.A. stands disposed of. No order as to costs.