Section 13   [ View Judgements ]

Procedure when a stock certificate is lost, etc

(1) Where the stock certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced, either wholly or in part, the legal holder of that stock certificate may apply for the issuance of a duplicate stock certificate to the Public Debt Office and such application shall be accompanied by -

(a) the post office registration receipt for the letter containing the stock certificate, if the same was lost in transmission by registered post;

(b) a copy of the police report, if the loss or theft was reported to the police;

(c) an affidavit sworn before the Executive Magistrate testifying that the applicant is the legal holder thereof and it is neither in his possession nor has it been transferred, pledged or otherwise dealt with by him; and

(d) any portions or fragments, which may remain of the lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced stock certificate.

(2) The circumstances relating to the loss of the stock certificate shall be mentioned in the application.

(3) The Bank shall, if it is satisfied about the loss, theft, destruction, mutilation or defacement of the stock certificate, issue a duplicate stock certificate.

#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon