(1) The undertakings of the Company shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, lease-holds, powers, authorities and privileges, and all. property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, workshops, "stores, instruments. machinery and equipment, cash balances, cash on hand, reserve funds, investments, book debts and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such property as were immediately before the appointed day in the ownership, possession, power or control of the Company whether within or outside India, and all books of account, registers and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All properties as aforesaid which have vested in the Central 'Government under section 3-shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other encumbrances affecting them, and any attachment, injunction or decree or order of any court restricting the use of such property in any manner or appointing any receiver in respect of the whole or any part of such properties shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Every mortgagee of any property which has vested under this Act in the Central Government and every person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall give, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed, an intimation to the Commissioner of such mortgage charge, lien or other interest.
(4) For the removal of doubts it is hereby declared that the mortgagee of any property referred to in sub-section (3) or any other person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to any such property shall be entitled to claim, in accordance with his rights and interests, payment of the mortgage money or other dues, in whole or in part, out of the amounts specified in section 8 and also out of the monies determined under section 9-, but no such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest shall be enforceable against any property which has vested in the Central Government.
(5) If on the appointed day1any suit, appeal or other proceedings of whatever nature in relation to any property which has vested in the Central Government, under section 3-, instituted or preferred by or against the Company is pending, the same shall not abate, be discontinued or be, in any way, prejudicially affected by reason of transfer of the undertakings of the Company or of anything contained in this Act, but the suit, appeal or other proceeding may .be continued, prosecuted or enforced by or against the Central Government or the Braithwaite and Company Limited, or, where the undertakings of the Company are directed, under section 7-, to vest in a Government company, that Government company.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon