1.2.1: In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,
1. "Act" means the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (Act 34 of2006);
2. "Adjudicating Officer" means the Adjudicating Officer appointed under sub-section (1) of section 68 of the Act.
3. "Advocate" means a person who is entitled to practice the profession of law under the Advocates Act, 1961 (25 ofl961)
4. "Appellate Tribunal" means the Food Safety Appellate Tribunal constituted under section 70 of the Act.
5. "Authorised Officer" means an officer authorized by the Food Authority referred in the sub-section (5) of section 47 of the Act.
6. "Inquiry" means the inquiry referred to in section 68.
7. "Licensing Authority" means the Designated Officer appointed under section 36 of the Act for the local area and includes any other officer so appointed for the purpose of granting license by the Commissioner of Food Safety.
8. "Notified laboratory" means any of the laboratories notified by the Food Authority under sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 43 of the Act.
9. "Presiding Officer" means a person appointed as Presiding Officer of the Appellate Tribunal under section 70 of the Act.
10. "Referral laboratory" means any of the laboratories established and/or recognized by the Food Authority by notification under sub section (2) of section 43 of the Act.
11. "Registrar" means the Registrar of the Appellate Tribunal and includes an officer of such Appellate Tribunal who is authorized by the Presiding Officer to function as Registrar
12. "Registry" means the registry of the Appellate Tribunal
13. "Rules" means the Food Safety and Standards Rules, 2011.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon