(Prayer: Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India praying for issue of Writ of Mandamus directing the respondents 1 to 8 to consider the petitioner's representation dated 26.6.2020 within stipulated period, consequently direct the respondents 1 to 8 to take legal action for illegal sucking water from harbor line and Chennai Metro Water and Sewerage line through Rain and Storm water connection pith hole by Brislee Nagar habitual offender peoples.)
Senthilkumar Ramamoorthy, J.
1. We heard learned counsel for the petitioner Mr.T.V.G.Kartheeban.
2. Mr.Vigneshwaran, learned Government Advocate, has accepted notice on behalf of respondent Nos.1 to 6.
3. The petitioner seeks consideration of her representation dated 26.6.2020 with regard to the alleged illegal sucking of water from Harbor line and Chennai Metro Water and Sewerage line.
4. Upon perusal of the affidavit, we find that the petitioner has made a broad allegation that the residents of Brislee Nagar are habitual offenders. The petitioner has neither named the persons nor joined them as parties to this writ petition. Even the representation of the petitioner does not contain any particulars with regard to the alleged illegal sucking of water.
5. Learned Government Advocate submits, on instructions, that the water is being used for drinking purposes by some residents.
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
/>In the facts and circumstances, we are not inclined to exercise discretion in favour of the petitioner. Accordingly, the writ petition is dismissed. No costs.