ASSOCIATES AND FELLOWS
(1) The members of the Institute shall be divided into two classes designated respectively
as Associates and Fellows.
(2) Any person other than a person to whom the provisions of sub-section (4) apply, shall,
on his name being entered in the Register, be deemed to have become an Associate and as
long as his name remains so entered, shall be entitled to use the letters
"A.C.S." after his name to indicate that he is an Associate.
(3) A person, being an Associate who has been in continuous practice in India as a Company
Secretary for at least five years and a person who has been an Associate for a continuous
period of not less than five years and who possesses such qualifications or practical
experience as the Council may prescribe with a view to ensuring that he has experience
equivalent to the experience normally acquired as a result of continuous practice for a
period of five years as a Company Secretary shall, on payment of the prescribed entrance
fee, which shall not exceed four hundred rupees in any case, and on application made and
granted in the prescribed manner, be entered in the Register as a Fellow.
Explanation I : For the purposes of this sub-section, a person shall be deemed to have
practised in India for any period for which he has held a certificate of practice
under section 6, notwithstanding that he did not actually practise during that period.
Explanation II : In computing the period during which a person has been an Associate of
the Institute, there shall be included any continuous period during which the person has
been an Associate of the dissolved company immediately before he became an Associate of
(4) Any person who was a Fellow of the dissolved company and who is entitled to have his
name entered in the Register under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 4, shall be
entered in the Register as a Fellow.
(5) Any person whose name is entered in the Register as a Fellow shall, so long as his
name remains so entered, be entitled to use the letters "F.C.S." after his name
to indicate that he is a Fellow.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon