581ZN. Amalgamation, merger or division, etc., to form new Producer Companies .
(1) A Producer Company may, by a resolution passed at its general meeting,-
(a) decide to transfer its assets and liabilities, in whole or in part, to any other Producer Company, which agrees to such transfer by a resolution passed at its general meeting, for any of the objects specified in section 581B;
(2) Any two or more Producer Companies may, by a resolution passed at any general or special meetings of its Members, decide to-
(b) divide itself into two or more new Producers Companies.
(a) amalgamate and form a new Producer Company; or
(3) Every resolution of a Producer Company under this section shall be passed at its general meeting by a majority of total Members, with right of vote not less than two-thirds of its Members present and voting, and such resolution shall contain all particulars of the transfer of assets and liabilities, or division, amalgamation, or merger, as the case may be.
(b) merge one Producer Company (hereafter referred to as "merging company") with another Producer Company (hereafter referred to as "merged company").
(4) Before passing a resolution under this section, the Producer Company shall give notice thereof in writing together with a copy of the proposed resolution to all the Members and creditors who may give their consent.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in articles or in any contract to the contrary, any Member, or any creditor not consenting to the resolution shall, during the period of one month of the date of service of the notice on him, have the option,-
(a) in the case of any such Member, to transfer his shares with the approval of the board to any active Member thereby ceasing to continue as a Member of that company; or
(6) Any Member or creditor, who does not exercise his option within the period specified in sub-section (5), shall be deemed to have consented to the resolution.
(b) in the case of a creditor, to withdraw his deposit or loan or advance, as the case may be.
(7) A resolution passed by a Producer Company under this section shall not take effect until the expiry of one month or until the assent thereto of all the Members and creditors has been obtained, whichever is earlier.
(8) The resolution referred to in this section shall provide for-
(a) the regulation of conduct of the Producer Company's affairs in the future;
(9) When a resolution passed by a Producer Company under this section takes effect, the resolution shall be a sufficient conveyance to vest the assets and liabilities in the transferee.
(b) the purchase of shares or interest of any Members of the Producer Company by other Members or by the Producer Company;|
(c) in the case of purchase of shares of one Producer Company by another Producer Company, the consequent reduction of its shares capital;
(d) termination, setting aside or modification of any agreement, howsoever arrived between the company on the one hand and the directors, secretaries and manager on the other hand, apart from such terms and conditions as may, in the opinion of the majority of shareholders, be just and equitable in the circumstances of the case;
(e) termination, setting aside or modification of any agreement between the Producer Company and any person not referred to in clause (d) :
Provided that no such agreement shall be terminated, set aside or modified except after giving due notice to the party concerned:
Provided further that no such agreement shall be modified except after obtaining the consent of the party concerned;
(f) the setting aside of any transfer, delivery of goods, payment, execution or other act relating to property, made or done by or against the Producer Company within three months before the date of passing of the resolution, which would if made or done against any individual, be deemed in his insolvency to be a fraudulent preference;
(g) the transfer to the merged company of the whole or any part of the undertaking, property or liability of the Producer Company; I
(h) the allotment or appropriation by the merged company of any shares, debentures, policies, or other like interests in the merged company,
(i) the continuation by or against the merged company of any legal proceedings pending by or against any Producer Company;
(j) the dissolution, without winding up, of any Producer company;
(k) the provision to be made for the Members or creditors who make dissent;
(l) the taxes if any, to be paid by the Producer Company;
(m) such incidental, consequential and supplemental matters as are necessary to secure that the division, amalgamation or merger shall be fully and effectively carried out.
(10) The Producer Company shall make arrangements for meeting in full or otherwise satisfying all claims of the Members and the creditors who exercise the option, within the period specified in sub-section (4), not to continue as the Member or creditor, as the case may be.
(11) Where the whole of the assets and liabilities of a Producer Company are transferred to another Producer Company in accordance with the provisions ot sub-section (9), or where there is merger under sub-section (2), the registration of the first mentioned Company or the merging company, as the case may be, shall stand cancelled and that Company shall be deemed to have been dissolved and shall cease to exist forthwith as a corporate body.
(12) Where two or more Producer Companies are amalgamated into a new Producer Company in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) and the Producer Company so formed is duly registered by the Registrar, the registration of each of the amalgamating companies shall stand cancelled forthwith on such registration and each of the Companies shall thereupon cease to exist as a corporate body.
(13) Where a Producer Company divides itself into two or more Producer Companies in accordance with the provisions of clause (b) of sub-section (1) and the new Producer Companies are registered in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (8), the registration of the erstwhile Producer Company shall stand cancelled forthwith and that Company shall be deemed to have been dissolved and cease to exist as a corporate body.
(14) The amalgamation, merger or division of companies under the forgoing subsections shall not in any manner whatsoever affect the pre-existing rights or obligations and any legal proceedings that might have been continued or commenced by or against any erstwhile company before the amalgamation, merger or division, may be continued or commenced by, or against, the concerned resulting company, or merged company, as the case may be.
(15) The Registrar shall strike off the names of every Producer Company deemed to have been dissolved under sub-sections (11) to (14).
(16) Any member or creditor or employee aggrieved by the transfer of assets, division, amalgamation or merger may, within thirty days of the passing of the resolution, prefer an appeal to the High Court.
(17) The High Court shall, after giving a reasonable opportunity to the person concerned, pass such orders thereon as it may deem fit.
(18) Where an appeal has been filed under sub-section (16), the transfer of assets, division, amalgamation or merger of the Producer Company shall be subject to the decision of the High Court.
very day during which such default or failure continues.