50. Power for company to have official seal for use outside India
(1) A company whose objects require or comprise the transaction of business outside India may, if authorised by its articles, have for use in any territory, district or place not situate in India an official seal which shall be a facsimile of the common seal of the company, with the addition on its face of the name of the territory, district or place where it is to be used.
(2) A company having an official seal for use in any such territory, district or place may, by writing under its common seal, authorise any person appointed for the purpose in that territory, district or place to affix the official seal to any deed or other document to which the company is a party in that territory, district or place.
(3) The authority of any agent authorised under sub-section (2) shall, as between the company and any person dealing with the agent, continue during the period, if any, mentioned in the instrument conferring the authority, or if no period is there mentioned, until notice of the revocation or determination of the agent's authority has been given to the person dealing with him.
(4) The person affixing any such official seal shall, by writing under his hand, certify on the deed or other document to which the seal is affixed, the date on which and the place at which, it is affixed.
(5) A deed or other document to which an official seal is duly affixed shall bind the company as if it had been sealed with the common seal of the company.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon