221. Duty of officer to make disclosure of payments, etc
(1) Where any particulars or information is required to be given in the balance-sheet or profit and loss account of a company or in any document required to be annexed or attached thereto, it shall be the duty of the concerned officer of the company to furnish without delay to the company, and also to the company's auditor whenever he so requires, those particulars or that information in as full a manner as possible.
(3) The particulars or information referred to in sub-section (1) may, relate to payments made to any director, 2[***] or other person by any other company, body corporate, firm or person.
(4) If any person knowingly makes default in performing the duty cast on him by the foregoing provisions of this section, he shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to 3[fifty thousand rupees], or with both.
1. Sub-section (2) omitted by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 105 (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).
2. The words "managing agent, secretaries and treasurers," omitted by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 105 (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).
3. Subs. by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 105, for "five thousand rupees" (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon