18. Alteration to be registered within three months
1 [(1) A company shall file with the Registrar-
(a) A special resolution passed by a company in relation to clauses (a) to (g) of sub-section (1) of section 17, within one month from the date of such resolution; or(2) The certificate shall be conclusive evidence that all the requirements of this Act with respect or the alteration and the confirmation thereof have been complied with, and thenceforth the memorandum as so altered shall be the memorandum of the company.
(b) A certified copy of the order of the 2[Central Government] made under sub-section (5) of that section conforming the alteration, within three months from the date of order,
as the case may be, together with a printed copy of the memorandum as altered and the Registrar shall register the same and certify the registration under his hand within one month from the date of filing of such documents.]
(3) Where the alteration involves a transfer of the registered office from one State to another, a certified copy of the order confirming the alteration shall be filed by the company with the Registrar of each of the States, and the Registrar of each such State shall register the same, and shall certify under his hand the registration thereof; and the Registrar of the State all documents relating to the company registered, recorded or field in this office.
(4) The 3[Central Government] may, at any time, by order, extend the time for the filing of documents 4 [or for the registration of the alteration] under this section by such period as it thinks proper.
1. Substituted by Companies (AMENDMENT) Act, 1960 and again subs. by Act 5 of 1997, sec. 3 (w.e.f. 1-3-1997).
2. Substituted by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 8, for "Company Law Board".
3. Subs. by Act 41 of 1974, sec. 5, for "Court" (w.e.f. 1-2-1975) and again subs. by Act 11 of 2003, sec. 8 for "Company Law Board",
4. Inserted by Companies (AMENDMENT) Act, 1960
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon