(1) The Board constituted by the name of the Indian Coffee Market Expansion Board under section 4 of the Indian Coffee Market Expansion Ordinance, 1940 (Ord. 13 of 1940), shall be the  [Coffee Board] for the purposes of this Act.
 [(2) The Board shall consist of:-
(a) a Chairman to be appointed by the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette;
(b) three Members of Parliament of whom two shall be elected by the House of the People and one by the Council of States; and
(c) such number of other members not exceeding twenty-nine as the Central Government may think expedient to be appointed by that Government by notification in the Official Gazette from among persons who are in its opinion capable of representing:-
(i) Governments of the principal coffee-growing States;
(ii) coffee-growing industry;
(iii) coffee trade interests;
(iv) curing establishments;
(v) interests of labour;
(vi) interests of consumers; and
(vii) such other interests as, in the opinion of the Central Government, ought to be represented on the Board.]
 [(2A) The number of persons to be appointed as members from each of the categories specified in clause (c) of sub-section (2), the term of office of the procedure to be followed in the discharge of their functions by, and the manner of filling vacancies among, the members of the Board shall be such as may be prescribed.]
 [(2B) Any officer of the Central Government when deputed by that Government in this behalf shall have the right to attend meetings of the Board and take part in the proceedings thereof but shall not be entitled to vote.]
 [(4)] No Act done by the Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of the Board
 [(5) It is hereby declared that the office of member of the Board shall not disqualify its holder for being chosen as, or for being, a member of either House of Parliament.]
1. Substituted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 6, for "Indian Coffee Board" (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
2. Substituted by Act 48 of 1961 , Section 3, for sub-section (2). Earlier sub-section (2) was inserted by Act 7 of 1943 , Section 3 (w.e.f. 26-3-1943) and was substituted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 6 (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
3. Substituted by Act 48 of 1961 , Section 4, for sub-section (2A) (w.e.f. 19-4-1962). Earlier sub-section (2A) was substituted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 6, for sub-section 2 (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
4. Substituted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 6, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
5. Sub-section (3) omitted by Act 48 of 1961 , Section 3 (w.e.f. 19-4-1962). Earlier sub-section (3) was inserted by Act 7 of 1943 , Section 3 (w.e.f. 26-3-1943).
6. Sub-section (2) re-numbered as sub-section (4) by Act 7 of 1943 , Section 3 (w.e.f 26-3-1943).
7. Inserted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 6 (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon