No coffee shall be exported from  [India] otherwise than by the Board or under an authorisation granted by the Board in the prescribed manner and in the prescribed cases, and the provisions of the  [ Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), shall have effect as if the provision made by this section had been made by notification issued under section 11] of that Act:
 [Provided that nothing herein contained shall apply to coffee:-
(i) shipped as stores on board any vessel or aircraft in such quantity as the  [Commissioner] considers reasonable, having regard to the number of the crew and passengers and the length of the voyage or journey, as the case may be, on which the vessel or aircraft is about to proceed, or
 [(ii) carried as personal baggage of a passenger, not exceeding such quantities as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, or
(iii) exported for such purposes and in such quantities as the Central Government may specify in the like manner:]]
 [Provided further that the Central Government may, by order in writing, specify the quantity of coffee which shall be permitted for export during any year and where any such order is made, no coffee shall be exported from India in excess of the said quantity:]
Provided further that the Central Government may exempt from the operation of this section, either absolutely or subject to conditions, the export of coffee from [India]  [to the State of Jammu and Kashmir] or to any foreign settlement bounded by India
1. Substituted by Act 3 of 1951 , Section 3 and Schedule , for "the States" (w.e.f 1-4-1951).
2. Substituted by Act 23 of 1994 , Section 6, for certain words (w.e.f. 14-1-1994).
3. Substituted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 16, for the first proviso (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
4. Substituted by Act 22 of 1995 , Section 85, for "Collector" (w.e.f. 26-5-1995).
5. Substituted by Act 48 of 1961 , Section 9, for clauses (ii), (iii) and (iv) (w.e.f. 19-4-1962).
6. Inserted by Act 50 of 1954 , Section 16 (w.e.f. 1-8-1955).
7. Substituted by Act 3 of 1951 , Section 3 and Schedule , for "the States" (w.e.f. 1-4-1951).
8. Substituted by Act 3 of 1951 , Section 3 and Schedule , for "to a Part B State" (w.e.f. 1-4-1951).
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon