(l) Any State Government in the case of registers or records sent under section 32 to the Registrar General for the territories under of its administration,  may appoint so many persons as it  thinks fit to be Commissioners for examining such registers or records
(2) The Commissioners so appointed shall hold office for such period as the  authority appointing them, by the order of appointment, or any subsequent order, directs.
1. Subs by Act 38 of 1920, Section 2 and Schedule I, for the original sub-section (1).
2. Certain words were Repealed by the Adaptation of Laws Order, 1950 .
3. The words " or he, as the case may be, " were Repealed by the Government of India (Adaptation of Indian Laws) Order, 1937 as modified by the Government of India (Adaptation of Indian Laws) Supplementary Order, 1937 .
4. Substituted for " Governor-General in Council " by Act 38 of 1920, Section 2 and Schedule I.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon