(1) The persons whose births and deaths shall, in the first instance, be registrable under this Chapter are the following, namely:
(a) in  a Part A State or a Part C State the members of every race, sect or tribe to which the Indian Succession Act 1865  , applies, and in respect of which an order under section 332 of that Act is not for the time being in force and all persons professing the Christian religion;
(2) But the State Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, may  extend the operation of this Chapter any other class of persons either generally or in any local area.
B.- Registration establishment
1. Substituted by the Adaptation of Laws Order, 1950 , for " the Provinces ".
2. See now the Indian Succession Act, 1925 (39 of 1925), Section 3.
3. Clause (b) was Repealed by the Adaptation of Laws Order, 1950
4. The words " with the previous approval of the Governor-General in Council " were omitted by Act 38 of 1920, Section 2 and Schedule I.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon