(1) The Executive Committee shall perform, exercise and discharge such of the functions, powers and duties as may be delegated to it by the Bureau.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of the Director-General as ex-officio Chairman and 16 members to be appointed by the Bureau, from amongst the members of the Bureau with the prior approval of the Central Government.
(3) The members of the Executive Committee appointed under sub-rule (2) shall hold office for a period of two years and shall be eligible for re-appointment. The term of office of the ex-officio Chairman shall be on a tenure basis for a period of three years who shall be eligible for reappointment.
(4) When a member appointed under sub-rule (2) desires to resign from membership of the Executive Committee, he shall forward his letter of resignation under his own hand to the Director-General and such resignation shall take effect from the date of its acceptance by the Director-General or on the expiry of a period of one month from the date of its receipt by the Director-General, whichever is earlier.
(5) The membership of a member of the Executive Committee shall be terminated when he ceases to be a member of the Bureau. In case of such termination of membership, the Bureau shall take steps to28[fill the vacancy within a period of six months from the date of. its occurrence by making an appointment] from amongst the members of the Bureau and the member so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the member in whose place he is appointed.
(6) A meeting of the Executive Committee shall be held at least once in every three months.
(7) Each meeting of the Executive Committee shall be called by giving not less than fourteen days from the date of issue, notice in writing to every member: Provided that an emergency meeting may be called by giving not less than three days' notice to every member.
(8) Every notice of a meeting of the Executive Committee shall specify the place and the day and hour of the meeting.
(9) The ex-officio Chairman of the Executive Committee shall cause to be prepared and circulated to the members, at least seven days before the meeting, an agenda for the meeting: Provided that where an emergency meeting is called an agenda for such meeting may be circulated to the members at the meeting.
(10) The quorum for a meeting of the Executive Committee shall be four.
(11) The proceedings of each meeting shall be circulated to each member of the Executive Committee and these shall be confirmed at the next meeting with or without modification.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon