(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act, a Bureau, to be called The Bureau of Indian Standards.
(2) The Bureau shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Bureau shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Minister in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the Bureau who shall be ex official President of the Bureau:
(b) the Minister of State or a Deputy Minister, if any in the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the Bureau who shall be ex officio Vice-President of the Bureau, and where there is no such Minister of State or Deputy Minister, such person as may be nominated by the Central Government to be the Vice-President of the Bureau:
(c) the Secretary to the Government of India in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the Bureau ex officio:
(d) the Director-General of ;he Bureau ex officio;
(e) such number of other persons, to represent the Government, industry, scientific and research intuitions and other interests, as may be prescribed, to be appointed by the Central Government.
(4) The term of office of the members referred to in clause (e) of sub-section (3) and the manner of filling vacancies among, and the procedure to be followed in the discharge of their functions by, the members, shall be such as may be prescribed.
(5) The Bureau may associate with itself, in such manner and for such purposes as may be prescribed, any persons whose assistance or advice it may desire in complying with any of the provisions of this Act and a person so associated shall have the right to take part in the discussions of the Bureau relevant to the purposes for which he has been associated bat shall not have the right to vote.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon