(1) The State Govern¬ment may make rules not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, for the purpose of carrying into effect the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the gene¬rality of the foregoing power such rules may—
(a) prescribe the time and manner of payment of the electricity duty under Section 4 ;
(b) prescribe the form of the books of account to be kept, and the times at which, the form in which and the officers to whom the returns required by Section 5 shall be submitted;
(c) prescribe the qualifications of Inspector under Section 6;
(d) prescribe the rules, if any, subject to which the Inspectors may exercise the powers under Section 7;
1[(e) provide for installation and the reading of meters and sub-meters;
(f) prescribe the procedure for securing any concession or exemption under the Act;
(g) provide for charging fees for the supply of copies of any documents under the Act;
(h) prescribe the procedure for referring questions to the authority, and for riling an appeal to the State Govern¬ment against the decision of such authority, under paragraph II of the Schedule;]
provide for giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
(3) The making of rules under this section shall be subject to the condition of previous publication.
3[(4) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of the State Legislature while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall from the date of publication of a notification in the Official Gazette of such decision have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so however that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done or omitted to be done under that rule.]
1. Clauses (e) to (h) were inserted by Mah. 18 of 1963, S 8(a)
2. Clause (e) was relettered as clause (i), ibid. 3- Sub-section (4) was inserted, ibid.. S. 8 (b)
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon