(1) An application for claims shall be made to the Deputy Commissioner concerned in Form No. I or, as the case may be Form No. 2 or Form No. 3 or Form No. 42 [or Form No. 5] appended to this Scheme within a period of sixty days from the date notified by the Commissioner inviting applications for claims: Provided that if the Deputy Commissioner is satisfied that the claimant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the application for the claims within the said period of sixty days, he may entertain the application for the claim within a further period of sixty days but not thereafter.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-paragraph (1) an application for a claim arising in future on account of the Bhopal gas leak disaster may be made to the Deputy Commissioner within such further period, after the expiry of the period specified in the proviso to the said subparagraph (1) as he may specify from time to time.
(3) The claim may be made by any person affected by the Bhopal gas leak disaster or, as the case may be, by the spouse, children or other heirs of such deceased person, or by a representative duly authorised by such person in this behalf or, in the case of a minor so affected, by his guardian.
(4) A separate claim form in respect of each category of claim specified in paragraph 5 of the Scheme shall be filed by each person having a claim. Each person filing a claim shall be considered to have a single claim regardless of the number of categories of claim included therein.
(5) The Deputy Commissioner shall provide the required forms for filing the applications free of cost.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon