(1) Where the Central Government is satisfied that for the purpose of making the conditions of service of the officers and employees of the Corporation comparable with the conditions of service of the officers and employees of other public sector companies, it is necessary so to do. It may. notwithstanding anything contained inthe Industrial Disputes Act. 1947-or any other law or any agreement, settlement, award or other instrument for the time being in force, and notwithstanding any judgment, decree or order of any court, tribunal or other authority, frame one or more schemes1for the purposes of determination of the conditions of service of the officers and employees of the Corporation.
(2) While framing any scheme under sub-section (1). it shall be competent for the Central Government to provide for the continuance, after the commencement of any such scheme, of such of the emoluments or other benefits as were payable to or entitled to be received by. the officers and employees of the Corporation referred to in sub-clause (i) or sub-clause (ii) of clause (d) ofsection 2-immediately before the Burmah Shell Refineries became a Government company or as the case may be. immediately before the appointed day underthe Burmah Shell (Acquisition of Undertakings in India) Act, 1976-.
(3) The Central Government may make a scheme to amend or vary any scheme made under subsection (1).
(4) The power to make any scheme under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) shall include-
(a) the power to give retrospective effect to any such scheme or any provision thereof: and
(b) the power to amend, by way of addition, variation or repeal, any existing provisions determining the conditions of service of the officers and employees of the Corporation in force immediately before the commencement of this Act.
(5) Every scheme made under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if. Before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid. both Houses agree in making any modification in the scheme, or both Houses agree that the scheme should not be made the scheme shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may hee so however that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validty of any thing previously done under that scheme.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon