(1) The Auroville International Advisory Council shall consist of not more than five members nominated by the Central Government.
(2) The Central Government may nominate the members of the Council from amongst persons who in its opinion are devoted to the ideals of human unity, peace and progress.
(3) The Council may, on its own motion or on a reference made to it by the Governing Board, advise the Governing Board on any matter relating to the development and management of Auroville.
(4) In tendering any advice to the Governing Board, the Council shall endeavour to secure that-
(a) the ideals for which Auroville has been established are encouraged, and
(b) the residents of Auroville are allowed freedom to grow and develop activities and institutions for the fulfilment of the aspirations and programmes envisaged in the said Charter of Auroville.
(5) There shall be a Chairman of the Council who shall be elected by the members of the Council from among themselves.
(6) The term of office of, the method of filling casual vacancies among, and the allowances and other remuneration, if any payable to, the members of the Council, shall be such as may be determined by the Central Government.
(7) The Council shall have power to regulate its own procedure.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon