- (1) The Central Government may by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a committee consisting of such number of persons as it thinks fit to appoint thereto for the purpose of-
(a) reviewing the work done by the Society and the progress made by it;
(b) inspecting its buildings, equipment and other assets;
(c) evaluating the work done by the Society; and
(d) advising Government generally on any matter which in the opinion of the Central Government is of importance in connection with the work of the Society; and the Committee shall submit its report thereon in such manner as the Central Government may direct.
(2) The procedure to be followed by, the allowances, if any, payable to, the members of the Committee and other matters concerning the Committee shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) The Committee shall, subject to the provisions of sub-section (4) and of any rules which the Central Government may make in this behalf, have power to regulate its own procedure.
(4) Notice shall be given in every case to the Society of the intention to cause a review, inspection or evaluation to be made, and the Society shall be entitled to appoint a representative who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such review, inspection or evaluation.
(5) The Central Government may address the President of the Society with reference to the result of such review, inspection or evaluation as disclosed in any report of the Committee referred to in sub-section (1), and the President shall communicate to the Central Government the action, if any, taken thereon.
(6) When the Central Government has, in pursuance of sub-section (5), addressed the President of the Society in connection with any matter, and the President does not within a reasonable time take action to the satisfaction of the Central Government in respect thereof, the Central Government may, after considering any explanation furnished or representations made on behalf of the Society, issue such directions as it considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report.
#LawyerServices #Section #Act #Law #Statute #IndianLaw #Kanoon