(1) The meetings of the Committee shall be held at Delhi.
(2) Notice of not less than fifteen days in respect of a meeting of the committee shall be given to every member of the committee:
Provided that when the presiding member of the committee calls for a meeting for consideration of any matter which in his opinion is urgent, a notice shorter than fifteen days but not less than three days shall be deemed to be sufficient notice for purpose of this regulation.
(3) The presiding member of the committee shall preside over the meeting of the committee and in his absence, the convener of the committee shall preside over the said meeting and shall have all the powers of the presiding member of the committee at such meeting.
(4) No business shall be transacted at a meeting unless majority of the members are present of which at least one member shall be a representative of a consumer organization referred to in clause (b) of regulation 8.
(5) Every issue considered at a meeting of the committee shall be decided by a majority of votes of members present and voting and in the event of equality of votes on any issue or resolution, the presiding member of the committee shall, in addition, have a casting vote.
(6) No act or proceeding of the committee shall be invalid merely by reason of-
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the committee; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as member or convener of the committee; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the committee not affecting the merits of the case.