(1) The Government shall, by notification establish a Board for the whole of the State of Andhra Pradesh to be called the "Andhra Pradesh Labour Welfare Board" for the purpose of administering the Fund and to carry on such other functions as are assigned to the Board by or under this Act.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate by the name of the Andhra Pradesh Labour Welfare Board having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose off property, both movable and immovable, and shall, by the said name, sue and be sued.
(3) The Board shall consist of such number of members as may be prescribed in each of the following categories, namely:
(a) representatives of employers and employees in equal proportion, to be nominated by the Government;
(b) independent members, to be nominated by the Government, as follows:
(i) Minister for Labour who shall be the Chairman;
(ii) the Secretary to Government, Labour Employment, Nutrition and Technical Education Department, ex officio;
(iii) the Secretary to Government, Finance and Planning (Finance) Department, ex officio;
(iv) the Secretary to Government, Industries Department, ex officio;
(v) a woman member to represent women
(4) Save as otherwise expressly provided in this Act, the term of office of the members of the Board shall be three years commencing on the date on which their names are notified.
(5) The allowances, if any, payable to the members of the Board and the conditions of nomination of the representatives of the employers and employees shall be such as may be prescribed.